According to 90min, Arsenal are interested in signing Kaoru Mitoma from fellow Premier League side Brighton in the January transfer window.
Having burst onto the scene this season at Brighton, could Kaoru Mitoma be a perfect, and much cheaper, replacement for Mudryk? The Japanese international has made a statement this season, dominating the left side of the pitch with mesmerizing control, the only downside is that he is 25, and so is not the ‘young, high potential’ archetype that Arteta is keen on.
- Started his career playing university football at Tsukuba University, where he was deemed an up-and-coming talent throughout the country.
- Moved to Kawasaki Frontale and taw the J1 League to shreds, bagging 50 G/A in 62 Appearances
- In August 2021 he was picked up by Brighton and sent on loan to Union St.Gilliose.
- After being recalled from loan in June 2022 he has been a star on the left wing for Brighton, with a solid 6 G/A in 17 games.
- He has also shined on the international stage, notably playing a pivotal part in Japan’s world cup run, serving a brilliant and very controversial assist to beat Spain 2-1.
Despite modest stats in the Premier League this season, anyone who has watched him will know how ruthless he can be in the box, showcasing expert dribbling and passing. ‘Expert’ is no understatement, Mitoma studied 1v1 dribbling in university and has written a thesis on the subject.
90min claims Arsenal are keeping watch on the talented winger, whose contract ends in 2025. The estimated fee could range from 30-50 Million pounds, and given the position Arsenal are in this season, personal negotiations likely wouldn’t be a problem.
This is an interesting transfer prospect to keep an eye on.