Connect with us

Transfer News

Arsenal midfield target will ‘definitely’ be sold this summer for £60million

Shakhtar Donetsk have set a £60 million price tag on highly talented Arsenal target who will leave the club this summer

Share this article:
Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta
Image credit: Getty Images

Shakhtar Donetsk are ready for the departure of their prized midfielder Georgiy Sudakov this summer, with Premier League clubs including Arsenal vying for his signature. 

The Ukrainian giant valued Sudakov at £60 million and he is set to follow in the footsteps of Mykhailo Mudryk, who made a high-profile move to Chelsea previously.

Arsenal emerged as the frontrunner in the race to secure the 21-year-old sensation, although other English giants including Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, and Liverpool have expressed interest in acquiring his services.

Shakhtar officials have been strategically positioned in London this week, laying groundwork for the imminent summer transfer window, where they foresee Sudakov’s departure as inevitable.

READ MORE: Ian Wright heap praises on “awesome” 20-year-old Arsenal target

Sergei Palkin, the CEO of Shakhtar Donetsk, revealed insights into the negotiations, stating, “This summer window, he has a big chance to move to some big clubs.” Palkin, who played a pivotal role in Mudryk’s transfer to Chelsea, emphasised Sudakov’s prospects of joining a top European club this summer.

Arsenal summer target Georgiy Sudakov

Arsenal summer target Georgiy Sudakov (Image credit: Getty Images)

“We have had some contacts with big clubs and some are not negotiating with us directly but are getting a feel for the summer environment. He will definitely move to a top European club this summer. When I was at Chelsea versus Everton on Monday, many people asked me about Sudakov.”

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NOW.ARSENAL WHATSAPP GROUP CHAT NOW!

Despite a previous offer from Napoli amounting to £34 million being rebuffed, Shakhtar now stands firm on a £60 million valuation for Sudakov, reminiscent of the lucrative deal that saw Mudryk depart for Chelsea. Palkin expressed disappointment in Napoli’s failure to secure Sudakov’s services earlier, citing missed opportunities due to insufficient offers.

“I told Napoli in January they could have him for €50m plus bonuses, and they offered €40m, but I said to them to close the deal now or lose this unique chance.

“Now, it will not be €50m. They would have no chance to do that now because we have many more clubs looking. The most interest will come from English clubs. For me, he will become one of the best midfielders in Europe and the world. We don’t want clubs to seek discounts because we are at war. An example was for Mudryk. We are quite strong.”

NEXT ARTICLE: Josh Kroenke makes BIG PROMISE to Arsenal fans ahead of the summer
Share this article:
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Transfer News